View Single Post

Old 12-21-2012, 04:40 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyBruce View Post
There is NOTHING compact about a Beretta 92. Even the compact is large and bulky. I am now on my fourth Beretta 92, a FS Inox model. I love it, but it is best concealed in a wheelbarrow, not inside a waistband or under a arm. Here is a photo in a Don Hume JIT belt slide holster.

I have shot a neighbor's S&W M&Pc .357 Sig and like it, however I do not care for the accessory rail on the model. I would like to own one of those myself.

Glock 19, everything you need in a CCW and nothing that you don't. I am fortunate enough to live about 35 miles from Glock, Inc. in Smyrna, GA so I take my Glocks back to the mothership for service. I bought or traded for 10 in three years. I prefer the Gen. 2 frames with no finger grooves or rails. I own two Glock 19's and a 17. Also two Gen. 2.5 Glock 26's. Gen. 3 Glock 31 & 32. Gave my son a Glock 19 & 17. Just sold a Gen. 2 Glock 22.

A Glock is affordable, dependable, reliable, inexpensive, available, and replaceable. IF they suit you, go for it. Personally, the customer service at Glock, Inc. impresses me more than the product itself.

I had a Galco CM202 belt holster with my first Beretta 92F. It rode high and concealed well enough under a London Fog raincoat.
I must be one of the few not impressed by Glocks. Had a Glock 36 that was anything but realiable. Would FTE the second to last round out of the mag. Every single time. Tried numerous mags, different ammo, etc. I sold it pretty quick.

I have a Kahr CW45 now that I carry that has never had any issues.

I just picked up a M&P 9c that may become my carry gun since the CW45 does not fit my hand real well. I have not shot this yet, so cannot comment on the gun as far as reliablility yet. It does pass the eye test on fit & finish, and size. Looks like a real fine carry gun. Of course, will have to put a few hundred rounds through it first to determine. I really do not care if it has the acc. rail or not. There is no safety or auto lock on this model, which is preferred.

I agree on the Beretta. That is alot of gun to carry.