View Single Post

Old 12-22-2012, 05:32 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I also have the problem where the slide will sometimes not release when using the yellow sear deactivation lever. I have the newer version of this lever, and no magazine safety. I have searched many forums and did not find an answer. I may have figured this out.

Take the slide off. Move the yellow lever up and down. You will see it moving the “firing pin release lever” up and down. Now pull the trigger. You will see that the firing pin release lever now moves “further”. What is happening, is that the yellow lever is not moving the firing pin release lever far enough, and the “slide” is catching on the firing pin release lever. (It doesn’t help to try and push the yellow lever further than it wants to easily go, and can result in it getting stuck, as some people have mentioned.)

I have found that if I pull up on the back of the slide, while it slides forward, it will usually then clear the firing pin release lever.

I think this is a design flaw on an otherwise very fine gun.
I think more people will have this problem as the sear activation lever wears on its pivot pin. Over time it will get “sloppy” and push the firing pin release lever even less.
I am disappointed that S&W does not appear to have addressed this problem yet.
The Following User Likes This Post: