Thread: M 36 (again)
View Single Post

Old 12-22-2012, 09:12 AM

Liked 73 Times in 24 Posts

I think you got a great bargain. I recently bought one in unfired condition for $440. And, I would have gone significantly higher if the auction had turned that way.

1. It's way below MSRP on one of the new lock versions.

2. I personally like the older guns better as far as fit, finish, and action. Mine was made the year I became a LEO, so that was kind of neat.

3. I would disagree with the post that this is the most common revolver out there. Although, I have seen several recently in new or great condition being offered... the three inch, round butt, heavy barrel is not the variation that is generally found. The 2 inch Model 36 has that category hands down. The internet has made searches for specific models easier, but, absent that, how long would you wait for one to pass through a LGS.

4. As far as cost goes - if it is what you want? Over the time you will probably own it, your looking a something that is a non-issue. I like the antiques. Back in the early 80s I bought an early 1900s breaktop S&W that was in excellent condition. What I paid at that time what would have been considered a fair, but premium price. I really wanted the gun and the vendor made a good point. If it is what you really want - where else are you going to find it??? Its not like a LGS will have it in stock.