View Single Post

Old 12-22-2012, 11:26 PM

Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts

I drove 70 miles today to a store that had a FS M&P45 in stock (not the Pro version, which another ½” longer). I wanted something powerful for the times I’m taking pictures out in the wild at night, but I really did not like the trigger on M&P45 – what a shame on S&W! Given that M&P45 has only 10 round mag - these guns should not be affected by any changes in the gun law anyway.

I thought I’ll do more research before I’ll put down $580 before tax. I’m also afraid that adding a light/laser on this beast will make it only bag-carry concealable. LOL. Something to think about if I want the gun to carry outside in Florida....

Bigger gun will be harder to conceal but also slower drawing and with possibility of 10 rounds limit in the nearest future I think the future of FS M&P9 will be HD/range and not a CCW.

In any case I’m also asking for an advice here.

If I’ll get the full size M&P45 I need/want a strobe light and possibly a laser, as with strobe I don’t think night sights will work at all. So how to conceal that monster? Presumably I will not carry it in public, but I do not want to have any problems with the law. Any park ranger can create bunch of problems if the gun will be exposed or semi-exposed… any advices?

As a side note, As I had bunch of 9mm ammo with me, I rented similarly sized FS M&P9 and shoot through around 2+ mags. It is a pleasure to hold and shoot the gun, but the front sight did not have the white dot (rental gun) and I was not impresses with my results…

Last edited by supplier; 12-22-2012 at 11:30 PM.