View Single Post

Old 12-24-2012, 11:35 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by genspo View Post
I own two - the HKS 943 for my single stack 380ACP mags and a HKS GL-940 that I bought for use with my .40 Cal double stack mags.

The HKS 943 works like a champ! I can load my single stack PPK/S and Bersa Thunder mags very quickly. I can't seem to get the 940 to work as well.

The 943 is narrower and the construction seems more solid than the 940. Also, the 943 can be used with both .380 and 9 MM and has an adjustment that will allow for use with shorter 7 round mags or longer 10 round mags.

The 940 on the other hand seems more flimsy and it is difficult to get a good grip to work the thumb lever. And, due to the wider construction for use with double stack mags, when the thumb lever is depressed, it has a tendency to torque or move toward the mag and catches on the frame when it is released. That causes me to have to slow down to ensure that the mechanism doesn't get hung up. I have subsequently replaced the 940 with an UpLULA which works very nicely with double stack mags.

More to the point of your question, you would probably need the GL-940 for use on your SD9VE. I bought it for my SD40VE but I would double check the part number before getting one.
So the basic message I'm getting from this post is that for the mags I'll be using it with, you'd suggest getting an UpLULA over the HKS version, correct?