View Single Post

Old 12-25-2012, 01:19 PM

Liked 27 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336A View Post
I think if you were to try some of Underwoods' .41 magnum ammo that the difference will be in the .41's favor. It's a unfair comparison to use boutique ammo for one cartridge and not the other. However I do think that the 10mm is a fine cartridge in it's own right. It is a shame that the big companies neutered it to .40 S&W levels.
Of course. That's why I said the 10MM is not a 41 MAG, and that a hot 41 MAG clearly beats a hot 10MM.

My point was that it's interesting to see how a hot 10MM from a GLOCK 20 with a 4.6" barrel compares to factory 41 MAG loads from a 4" barrel. It seems like the hot 10MM meets/exceeds the 41 MAG in a lot of these situations, but the hotter 41 MAG loads from Underwood, Buffalo Bore, or handloads, etc. would definitely exceed the 10MM.

And I agree, I don't know of a single non-boutique manufacturer that loads the 10MM to what it should be. It's basically 40S&W stuff. Buffalo Bore and Underwood both load real 10MM stuff, but Underwood is priced much better. I used to buy a lot of DoubleTap 10MM but it's expensive and doesn't meet it's velocity claims anymore in my experience. SwamFox used to make great 10MM ammo but unfortunately the gentleman passed away last year.