Thread: Inherited M-49
View Single Post

Old 12-26-2012, 04:03 PM

Liked 139 Times in 29 Posts
Default Inherited M-49

I recently received an M-49 and am very pleased! It was purchased new in 1971 by my father-in-law. He was a small businessman in NYC and was robbed twice, once at knife point and the second time at gun point in broad daylight w/ people walking calmly by. Enough! He carried the gun daily until he moved the family upstate in 1975.He passed away away in 1998, less than 6 months before he was to walk his youngest daughter, my wife, down the aisle. He was a hard-working family man and it was my pleasure to have known him. My mother in law passed away in 2010. My wife's family is finally settling the estate and selling their parent's home. As part of this settlement I received the M-49. Because the gun had not been added to a permit, I had to turn it in to my county sheriff's office for a check. Fortunately, the gun came w/ the original box, tools and the original receipt still inside. I'm guessing the gun has only been fired maybe 50 times. I picked the gun up this morning. I have to say thank you to the Tioga County Sheriff's Office for their help. They were extremely professional every step. I'm very proud to have it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0222.jpg (103.5 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0223.jpg (79.0 KB, 79 views)
The Following 10 Users Like Post: