Thread: mexican carry
View Single Post

Old 12-27-2012, 06:17 AM

Liked 2,608 Times in 1,104 Posts

Well now---this should draw some fire from the covered wagons.
I do like leather. I don't like to carry a revolver in the pants without a scabbard.
Now, boys, I been carrying a gun for over 40 years sans a scabbard. Most of the time it was illegal but tht is another topic.
Flat guns ride real good at about 4 o'clock---even in a car---and they don't have to be small guns either.
I carr a Sig P-220 and several Colt or Colt clones in Gov size this way a lot. Cocked and locked.
Keep your booger finger off the trigger.
There was a renowned old Texas Border Ranger by the name of Charlie Miller who did it this way with his old Colt Commercials.
He even went so far as to tie the grip safety down with strips of rawhide.
On day, at qualifications, he was encountered by a young RO who accousted Charlie for carrying as he did--saying "that it was dangerous."
Charlie, reportedly stared the youngun down and said "son---If this ol thing aint dangerous, I don't want it."
This same man tracked a Mexican back into Mexico and they got in a gunfight. Both were wounded and Charlie called out to the Mexican to come out and lets finish this. One of us has got to get to a doctor. His report--which I have read on this incident--say "I'll be d+++++ if the *** didn't come out."
When he died, the Boys gathered round him and his guns were displayed on the casket. One Ranger said "If only those guns could talk."---His Captain said "OH, my Lord no boys--NO NO NO."
You do it your way.
Blessings

Charlie and his gun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg small.jpg (22.3 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg texas_ranger_lo-300x225.jpg (21.1 KB, 231 views)

Last edited by williamlayton; 12-27-2012 at 06:23 AM. Reason: to add
The Following 8 Users Like Post: