View Single Post

Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 AM

Liked 4,286 Times in 2,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beuford T. Rimfire View Post
This topic has come up before. Startled in the middle of the night and/or under duress, most people are inaccruate, or at least inconsistent, with a pistol. Having a stock to brace against and a longer weapon to work with greatly improves accuracy under stress. In a nutshell, any accurate .22 delivered into a BG is better than a salvo of .40 cal bullets that never hit their mark. And if 25 rounds isn't enough... couple two mags together.

For HD, choose your ammo wisely. Buy something that always works, is accurate, and has some mass to it. Try out the CCI Velocitor .40gr or the Winchester Super-X PowerPoint 40gr.
That's because the average handgun owner knows little more than how to load it and shoot it at the range. If one does not have at least some basic self-defense training, he is better off hiding under the bed.

That same person will probably be just as inept and ineffective with a 15-22 and a 50-round drum because they have NO training in shooting in high-stress situations. Spray and Pray is not a valid self-defense plan.

If one is going to use ANY firearm for self or home defense, he better get training. Either that or leave an address of the funeral home he wants the flowers sent to.

My .22s are the LAST firearm I would be using and the LAST ammo i would use in a shotgun is bird shot. I want to STOP an intruder, not make him mad.

Last edited by Majorlk; 12-27-2012 at 11:01 AM.
The Following 13 Users Like Post: