View Single Post

Old 12-27-2012, 11:52 AM

Liked 162 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaineEvent View Post
Good info so thank you for the replies. I think I'll stay away from these for now. My store also has Winchester 555 rd hollow points packs on sale so I'll pick up some of those instead.
I've had bad experiences with Winchester 555 ammo. My Brother brought his Sig Mosquito and two boxes of 555 over (I don't live in town) and I don't think it got through a single magazine without a FTFeed. I know many don't like it, but I let him use my Golden Bullets in the 225 pack from Walmart and it cycled flawlessly. My SR22P cycles flawlessly with the GB too and had several hiccups with the 555. I've never bought the "bucket", but if you're interested and its available (I can't find any rim-fire except tiny boxes locally) try the smaller box from Walmart first and see if it works in your particular firearm. I'd also try a smaller Winchester box first too before I'd buy hundreds or thousands of rounds that don't cycle. Of course for others that use a bolt-action or a revolver it probably doesn't matter as much, if at all, but semi-auto rifles and pistols all seem to act differently with the same ammo.

Last edited by Linejudgemick; 12-27-2012 at 11:54 AM.