View Single Post

Old 12-27-2012, 12:46 PM

Liked 331 Times in 221 Posts

I found a clean as a pin Dash 5 in a 4" a while back. It looked unfired. I am making mine into my new IDPA SSR Gun.

I took mine by to see Ron Power "Power Custom" a while back. Mine has Perfect Cylinder Alignment on all 6 holes. Ron set the cylinder up perfectly. I had the Chambers Chamfered, Ball Loc installed, and Ron did a little Magic on the internals for me. I had picked up an Apex Extended Length Firing Pin. Ron did not like how pointed the nose was, so I ordered a Cylinder & Slide Extended Length Firing Pin, which has a Nicely finished Round Nose. I do like it much better myself. Not as much chance of puncturing Primers either.

I still have a couple parts coming. My Cylinder & Slide "Improved Ramp" Fiber Optic Front Sight is back ordered. My Ahrends Round to Square, Finger Groove, Tactical Grips warped on me, and I am waiting on Kim to get the replacements out. I am sure they will be as nice looking as the first set. The risk you take working with really neat Exotic Woods.

I have been waiting to fine tune the DA trigger untill I install the new Firing Pin. Today may be a good time to get to work in the shop and finish on the internal work. I should have the new Grips and Sight delivered in the next couple weeks.

If your 686-5 is as nice as mine, you will enjoy it for years to come. Enjoy

Bob