View Single Post

Old 12-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Liked 48,566 Times in 9,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hawk View Post
Sends a message. The herd mentality of the public is undeniable. They see a petition like this and it just may make them think. Do you see a harm?
No disrespect intended toward your motive, but yes, I see a harm.

I think it makes us look laughable.
I agree with Eric that Sen. Feinstein will relish this. I think she'll make clever little jokes about it at DC cocktail parties and Committee meetings. IF it really takes off, I can envision a cute conversation between the President and her when he informs her 2,000,000 people signed a useless (see below) petition about her on the WH website. I hate the thought of being responsible for a smile on either face.

I think it makes us look UNinformed.
The President cannot impeach a senator. The President cannot introduce a bill of impeachment. Only a senator could introduce such a bill. Good luck with that.
Let's look like a REAL force to be reckoned with.

It may appear that storming the castle with pitchforks and torches will have an effect, but when they start pouring the hot oil and boulders over the ramparts it will be readily apparent they have little to fear from the shouting mob.
Instead, I want them to see the siege engines that can breach their walls slowly approaching from the horizon. Our siege engines are the NRA.

Our best efforts would be spent in strengthening the NRA. They have the machinery and the people to BEST fight the fight. Contact the NRA, and tell them we want to fight it to the end; that we should win, or, (metaphorically speaking) be found dead on the field.

Contact your senators and representatives.
Get your wallets out.
Remember the words of Ben Franklin.
The Following 20 Users Like Post: