View Single Post

Old 12-27-2012, 08:21 PM

Liked 2,141 Times in 770 Posts

Res ipsa loquitur

This was never intended as anything but a means of letting DF, et al know that 1) we are paying attention, and 2) we will vigorously oppose her proposals.

If a large number of people sign, then it will get some media attention.

Really, what could the WH do with a sitting senator, and a powerful one from their own party at that?

Maybe the petition should have said, "We Petition Pres. Obama to Give Diane Feinstein a Good Scolding!"

I am glad we have a bunch of Constitutional scholars on this site, and I think it wonderful that you guys are ready to display your knowledge. But, after having repeatedly written my elected reps, made my donations supporting NRA, GOA, and SAF, I felt that more needed to be done. Having this petition come out right on the heels of her announcement does send a message, and the more signatures the louder.

Let me ask you this, do you think, given that the petition is up and cannot be changed, that having more signatures is going to help our cause, or hurt it?

I do not think that "holding our powder" is any kind of strategy. The more places that we can make ourselves heard the better. This takes nothing away from any other ongoing effort. If you don't want to sign it because it might make you feel stupid, fine, I can see that. But I think it is really folly to sit on our hands when we can be doing something. We need to let our opposition know the depth and breadth of our convictions.