View Single Post

Old 12-28-2012, 08:14 PM

Liked 517 Times in 297 Posts

That's what I said earlier, what is with their QC. I had the mag drop problem and wrote a letter to all top S&W Executives. I received a reply from their Legal Council. The letter stated in this order:

1. S&W's highly trained engineers with decades of experience in firearms design, do not believe that any problem exists with the design, safety or performance of the M&P Shield.

2. While it is true that some pistols have been returned to S&W raising this performance issue, the number is few considering the tens of thousands of M&P Shields produced.

3. A few instances of product return has suggested the possibility of a parts variation creating a potential fit issue, and we have taken action to remedy and repair the pistols under S&W's warranty policy.

4. S&W has been proactive in relying upon information gathered from field returns to design the M&P Shield in such a way as to enhance the overall fit of the magazine well and magazine catch.

So as you see the first part of the letter said that no problem exists. Then they say the problem has been minimal. Then they say they have redesigned the area that was creating the problem. This was a much bigger issue than they are willing to say. What constitutes a minor problem to them? Is it 100 guns, 1000, or 10,000. They had a big issue and it took them a long time to fix it. They had my gun in the factory for seven weeks, for a minor issue.

Bob

Last edited by robkarrob; 12-28-2012 at 08:29 PM.