View Single Post

Old 01-01-2013, 11:54 AM
US Veteran

Liked 1,597 Times in 993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by admolt View Post
the way I currently rack to pistol is by using the existing rear sight on the top of my pocket. the problem with this is when doing a no fire drill, it is very tough to get the ejection port facing outward so the problem cartrige can be cleared. I will give customer service a call after the silly season is over in a week or 2. thanks for the input I really appreciate it!
Andy
Good luck. Those people at S&W are top notch and on the ball when it comes to these kinds of problems. Just need to find the right CS person to help. DON'T GIVE UP if you find a "dud" (rare) hang up and call again until you find the help you need. S&W might even be able to make just the rear sight you need.

At one time there were "larger" rear sights just for that purpose. The sight had a bit larger flat ears that would snag on belts,pants pockets (front & rear),boot/shoe almost anything. I can't remember who made them. Seemed it also had a slight inside curl so you could "push away" from your pants pocket or belt and not have a problem with the ejection port.

Another thing you could do is have a gunsmith flatten the front of your rear sight so it will snag on "handy" objects. Might try the front site.. But about 40 years ago,the MP's were doing that in the ARMY and too many were blasting a hole in their leg...(Ahhh finger control ????). So you might stay away from that one.

Hand in there. I grew up with a VERY good friend that was born with only one arm and there wasn't ANYTHING he couldn't do that the rest of us could and he ALWAYS refused any help.