View Single Post

Old 01-02-2013, 12:12 PM

Liked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Default Cleaning question for the SD9VE

This isn't a question about how to clean the gun as I have already researched that via youtube and other outlets.

My question and/or statement is this... I was cleaning my gun just last night (after putting another 200 plus rounds through it the day before) and as always I am careful to not "over lube" it with oil. However, as I was rubbing oil on the metal parts within the handle, some excess oil dripped down from my fingers into the trigger area... I didn't really squeeze the container any harder than normal but for some reason, a lot came out and was literally dripping out through the actual trigger its self.

I tried to take some q-tips and an old cotton t-shirt to clean as much as possible but obviously I couldn't get it all. I went ahead and wiped it down and cleaned the rest of the gun as usual but once I re-assembled it and pulled the slide back I noticed it made a different noise. Almost a little louder of a "click" sound when I would pull the slide to engage the firing system.

Once the trigger was ready to go bang, everything else sounded normal and it felt normal dry firing it (which I don't do a lot) but once I would dry fire it and pull the slide back again, I would notice the louder than normal click. Everything is in the proper place but was wondering what in the world it could be?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or information... this is my first striker-fired polymer pistol.

Last edited by CatFanInTn; 01-02-2013 at 07:14 PM.