View Single Post

Old 01-05-2013, 06:22 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,261 Times in 1,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP1SG View Post
Lets agree to disagree. I never even mentioned "weak" so thats on you. I guess if you really want to get down to Brass tacks. Mordern conveniences are nice but are not always gonna be available. Case in point the GPS system which will never ever replace a map and compass. At some point a GPS will not work,Be it a bad satellite, bad weather etc etc. We get so acustomed to these mordern conveniences that we forget how to simply navigate life. I bet if you go to a grocery store not one teller will be able to give you the correct change without looking at the cash register first. Modern conviences has even limited our mathematical skills.
Thats has something to do with speed loaders I am sure
I do see your point about loss of certain skills...I will admit that I have become so accustomed to using a calculator that I won't try to balance my checkbook without one, for example. I do think that is a different issue, and I really don't think that using an UpLula will make me forget how to load a magazine without one.

In the interests of harmony, though, I promise that if my GPS ever goes out, I will load my magazines by hand.