View Single Post

Old 01-07-2013, 02:36 AM
US Veteran

Liked 39 Times in 14 Posts

Guys, Guys, GUYS!!!

I love you guys.

Yes I have been... away.

But I came back tonight, was looking through my profile, found this old thread... and you have been keeping a light in the window for me!

Yeah, Peyton, I remember you! Man, so nice to me.
And I did, I did, not just get my "gun" but gunS as it turned out.

I found a guy, a store, who had TWO 431PDs, N.I.B. and I just figured if one would be good, two would be better and got both, a large reason because the price was irresistible.

And I ordered me a couple of... there was a fellow on the forum who was making "The Plug" is that what it was called, so I got two of those and then sent the two 431PDs and the two plugs off to Randy Lee at Apex Tactical, to do some action work, take out the two locks and install the two plugs.

Maybe the action work wasn't "needed" and maybe I could have installed the plugs myself, but I had followed Flork out there from the SIG forum, and Randy did great work for a modest cost so I was very happy with my decision, and I LOVE my two 431PDs. There's just SO many days, when I KNOW I should holster up my 1911 but man it's just SO easy to grab the little snubbie in the pocket holster, shove it in my pocket and go.

And when I got them back, I know I should have taken pictures and posted them and all, but I just didn't, and I apologize.

Truth be told, you didn't miss a lot as regards the pictures I didn't send.
The 431PD is a very UN-sexy gun. Matte black gun with very unattractive flat black grips.

But I have been threatening to get me some Esmeralda grips on there.
If I do maybe THAT's what I'll take a picture of and post.

So a very BELATED thanks to ALL who really fueled my search for these revolvers.

And two more things:

1- I recently woke up and realized that I was handgun rich but rifle poor, and set out to rectify that with a few rifle purchases. But coming here tonight has made me realize that, for me, handgun rich means "pistol" rich, but I am REVOLVER POOR! Man, just the pictures in this thread alone! The ones posted by Gatorbaiter just a few months ago, in my absence! I need more revolvers!!! About my visit here tonight, I could use a witticism my dear departed Dad was quite fond of: "As the monkey said when he peed on the cash register, 'This is going to run into some money.' "

2- Which, actually, brings me to my second thing.
I have been thinking of late that I need a .357 magnum, like maybe for my coffee table, or bedside table. I have been lusting after a Colt Python, but have grown tired of seeing ones for sale for 4 digit numbers beginning with a 2. So what I came here for tonight was to do some research, or possibly post for some advice/opinions regarding the Smith models in .357 Magnum. So... I think I'll hit "Submit" on this post, and go to... wherever
is appropriate, and see if I can post a "School me on Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum models" post. Will you follow me over there? I would like to repeat what I did here for my .32 H&R magnum. (...and if I find and get one you better believe I'll post a picture of it and say Thanks!)

Thanks again guys, sorry for my lapse of etiquette, I'm sort of a wanderer, will try to do better next time.

JamesD