View Single Post

Old 01-08-2013, 03:38 AM
US Veteran

Liked 19,049 Times in 6,879 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsmith12 View Post
Hello, I'm brand new and was just reading the post. I'm impressed with the genorosity of spirit and information. Though I'm not a fan of Rush Goerbels "cudos." I'm also a new handgun owner. Due a gift from a relative. It's a S&W 38 special CTG w/ 8 1/2" barrel, mirrored nickle finish,in box with screwdriver and gun cleaning kit. model 14-3 serial#6k90xxx there is a G11 above the serial number. Please all info would be appretiated, including it's birthday, it's value and history. I just tried to send the image but I don't know about the URL of my image. Again, Thank you for your help, Bill
Hi Bill, and welcome to the Forum
We just seem to keep adding different guns to this thread and it will get confusing pretty soon.
But I'll try to help you.
Your Model 14-3 is a K-38 Masterpiece revolver. It probably shipped from the factory in 1975. The barrel is actually 8 3/8" long.
Having the original box and tools is a very good thing. It adds to both the interest and value of your fine revolver.
As to the other numbers in the yoke area, they mean nothing. Only the Model number and serial number count.

Now here is where things get sticky. You say it has a "mirrored nickle finish." Factory nickel on a Model 14 of any age is rare almost to the point of non-existence. I really think we need to see photos of this revolver. If you are still having trouble, look at the sticky thread here on the Forum about posting pictures. Or go get a teenager to help you!

Regards,
JP
SWCA #2475, SWHF #318