View Single Post

Old 01-08-2013, 08:03 PM

Liked 87 Times in 15 Posts
Default S&W colt .32 long revolver? K-32

My wife wanted a shorter pistol to carry for self defense so we went to a local gun store and brought her .32 s&w long revolver thinking we could trade it in plus some cash for a nice small .40 cal auto of one type or another.
They told her they would give her $300 for it and she decided to keep it and bought a glock 23c in .40 cal anyway... she loves it. I really dont like it because its all top heavy and the trigger i just dont like. It doesnt feel balanced etc. but what ever... she loves it and its hers so....

Anyway she decided to keep her .32 long because it was a wedding gift from an older gentleman from her first marriage 30 years ago. He was a large scale international arms dealer that lived here in CT and he had a, well i guess you can say, "huge" collection of personal firearms. He picked this gun out for her as a wedding present and told her that it would be worth a lot of money some day. So she wondered why they offered her only $300 for it. So I wrote a letter to S&W and they sent back a fancy letter and told us it was a K 32 Masterpiece. I dont think it was a very popular gun because it didnt sell well i guess. Anyway it was never fired before she got it and its in perfect condition. She has put a few boxes of ammo threw it over the years. and Ive always kept it clean. Id guess about 3-4 boxes of ammo have been thru it. The last time we took it shooting was in 1997 when we took her 86 year old grandmother shooting with us. She had never fired a pistol before and she wanted to see what it was like. she loved it. she fired 2 cylinders worth with it and thought she might like to buy one. The recoil was just her cup of tea. She didnt like my Astra a-75 .40 as much. she thought it was too powerfull..... lol

Anyway, whats a .32 s&w long worth? i cant find any on the web sites selling guns. I looked at gun trader and gun broker i think it was.... is there a better web site that has more of this type of gun for sale so i can get a real guestimate as to what its worth?

Thanks for any info you can give us.

Jim