View Single Post

Old 01-09-2013, 07:02 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 20,511 Times in 8,548 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jim. Seldom do we get such a grand entrance as yours!~Well, I guess I'm the one late to the party. So I can't add much except to say the last one I heard of selling recently went over $3500 and wasn't as nice as yours (eerrr, your wife's) but may have had the original box.

By the way, where did the "S&W Colt 32 Long" come from in your thread title...was that a mis-reading of the 32 Long CTG (means, Cartridge) on the side of the barrel? Because this gun will not interchange ammunition with Colt 32 Long, only .32 Colt New Police. No worries, you won't find either Colt cartridges on a store shelf anywhere...for display maybe, but not for sale.

I don't think it was specifically said but you probably connected the dots....depending on who Ed can be documented as being to Remington, the reason for obtaining the provenance. I would start with your wife writing down everything she can remember including the gun's s/n like...in the morning tomorrow, signing and notorizing it. She is the only one with 1st hand knowledge of Ed, w/o her letter, Ed could be the King of Siam but no one can tie the gun to him in the 1st person except your wife.

The only other thing I can ask is....how do you spell H-o-l-y G-r-a-i-l? Congratulations and enjoy the hunt for provenance.
S&WCA #819

Last edited by Hondo44; 01-09-2013 at 08:21 AM.