View Single Post

Old 01-09-2013, 01:39 PM

Liked 87 Times in 15 Posts

Richard, no, sadly i just dont have time to use the 1407 anymore. I own a small company now and i have little time.... I used to practice mondays and thurs and shoot in matches on fri and many saturdays from 10 years old to mid 20's... it hasnt had a round threw it in about 20 years now.... or at least 15 anyway. But thats how much time you have to put into shooting to be any good really.

I got into local hi power 200 yd leagues and also longer distances at perry, quantico, benning, cheery point, etc etc in my mid teens and then got out of competition rifle shooting all together. The time to reload with a rock chucker and travel to matches wasnt available any more and i was getting burned out of it. My father and I were very into it for many years.
I knew some of the guys in the army marksmanship unit and also kernel kennella who ran it for many years... my sister was Denise kennellas room mate in college when she shot for ETSU, anyway, they did a lot of work when i was a kid to my garrand in there mobile man cave shop they had at the time in the late 70's and early 80's. That trigger was really nice after that. Then they wished they hadn't tweaked it... it was very competitive shooting against those guys, they were all much older than i was...

anyway, enough reminiscing about the old days.