View Single Post

Old 01-12-2013, 01:00 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default great info and I'm learning quickly

I appreciate all the feedback and explanations. You guys are great!

Some of my history: raised by a reserve police officer who only ever owned one gun - a .357. In fact, that is the one he sleeps with now. I shot a fair amount when I was younger - he thought I needed to know how to protect myself. Sister carries a Glock .40 as she still lives in atlanta. I've owned a 9mm (norinco - yes, but it was cheap at the time I needed one) for about 20 years, but it's not been out of the case much - I only carried it when I was traveling by car back and forth to Atlanta. As an EMT (volunteer), I kept knives and pepper spray on me for calls in the bad sections since carrying a gun was prohibited. However, I'm a consultant, and one of my recent assignments was in Huntsville, AL. Got bored at lunch and went to a gun shop (Larry's) with one of the guys who had never shot before but suddenly decided he wanted a gun. For some reason, he thought I'd know what to do there, lol. (I ride a harley and therefore the stereotype must apply, haha). I shot almost everything they had to rent there by the time my assignment was over. Now, got the fever and looking for a CZ 75 9mm and a .38 spl as that was the pistol and revolver that I liked/matched best. However, once word got out I was looking for a gun, everyone and their brother has one to sell me (but none are the cz ). I live in a rural area and should I need police, response time can be 30 min or more. Bought a Walther pp380 (for my husband) at a gun show last weekend. I loved shooting the ppk at larry's, but it ate my thumb up. He loves the pp so far. I think he's catching the fever although it has taken a while. I hope to end up with at least one revolver and one pistol I love and shoot regularly plus a smaller footprint revolver for concealed carry (prob a .357 since they better die the first shot if I have to pull it). Husband can have his own . He's more of a collector type. Guess I'll pass on this one and keep looking. Thanks for all the help!