View Single Post

Old 01-14-2013, 10:28 PM
Banned

Liked 552 Times in 245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David LaPell View Post
I can tell you the ammo shortage is only going to get worse, much worse. If Cuomo here in NY gets his way and gets the background check for every ammo purchase and no online sales then the supply will dry up on everything. I plan on getting some ammo for my shotgun when I go out tomorrow, 16 gauge is pretty easy to buy and I plan on reloading everything except .22 Long Rifle. I will get more primers if possible too because not everyone around here reloads and they are in pretty decent supply, especially small pistol.
I have no idea why DHS is buying up so much ammo, I know our little department goes through untold thousands every year with qualifications, so maybe they are getting ahead of the curb, who knows. What I do know is DHS is buying hollowpoints, most departments I know used cheaper hardball for their qualifications so who knows, it could be routine or it could be more sinister, I won't elaborate or throw out guesses.
Ammo is the lifeblood of any gun, without it we have paperweights and clubs, many of us have been warning that this was coming and it was only a matter of time, it was one of the reasons in the last few years I went a lot deeper into reloading and casting. I intend to get a .30-30 soon and I plan on casting for that gun right along with my handguns.
I don't know where we are heading, it's not to anywhere good. I told the wife today I am seriously going to have to think about staying in NY but until I see what Obama is going to do executive order wise there is no sense worrying about moving to anywhere. If he decides to tax the heck out of ammunition it will be a moot point where you live and I think he knows that. Obama and Cuomo are not stupid although I think Cuomo would be happy for gun owners to leave, Obama will just be happy to inflict as much damage as possible monetary wise, Obamacare proved that a tax is constitutional and don't think for a second he won't use that ruling here.
I tell people to reload, and they better get the goods to do it soon. Between the threats of new laws and bans, ammo is disappearing faster than pizza at a weight watchers convention and when its gone, its going to be gone for some time.
Good points, David. But .22LR is in very short supply and you can't reload that. I bought the last brick at LGS today. Not many outlets in the rural area where I live and can't get on-line. Guess I'll be shooting less and complaining more.