View Single Post

Old 01-14-2013, 11:08 PM

Liked 441 Times in 131 Posts

Congrats on the Gov. You are in for a real treat.
I haven't chronographed my 45lc. I have been using Winchester 225 SilverTips. When I shot them into wet news paper out of my old Judge, they opened up huge with excelent penetration. I dont know if the 45lc with a good bullet needs to be loaded up in this gun. I have no doubt a honest 45lc would work for deer and woods duty. The recoil from the 45lc Silvertips were mild. I found it easily to dump a entire cylinder and keep on target. A alloy frame might be better to not go into the +p range. I think once you shoot it and see the firepower, you will know what I mean. My favorite combo is Fedral 000 buck and 45lc ST every other round. I am very surprise how tight the Federal 000 buck pattern was compared to my old Public Defender. The barrels were about the same length but the pattern was twice as tight out of the Gov. At 15 yards the pattern was the size of a softball. This would be my survival game getting round. Think of it as a 9mm 7" circle of death. Last year, I put down a hog on the farm with a Fedral 000buck from 8 feet to the back of the skull and it looked as if I hit the hog with a sledge hammer. The Gov should be devastating.

Last edited by TheMystro; 01-14-2013 at 11:17 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: