View Single Post

Old 01-16-2013, 04:25 PM

Liked 58,905 Times in 9,673 Posts

This reminds me of back in 2005 when congress re wrote the bankruptcy code ostensibly to make it harder for people to file a chapter 7 and instead pushing them into chapter 13's. I, as did every other lawyer in the area, filed about two years worth of chapter 7's in the month leading up to the law's enactment. The next bankruptcy (chapter 7 or 13) I filed was 11 months later and for that year I filed 4 ( I usually file between 15 & 30 a year). We (the lawyers) made out like bandits in the "gold rush" on the bankruptcies but paid for it over the next 18 months until it leveled out.That is what is going to happen here. There is going ot be such a glut of guns when the pipeline catches up that it ain't gonna be funny. In the mean time, the stores will have no inventory, nor will they have customers to sell it to.

I went to Lafayette Shooters, looked around and gave thanks to the Almighty for my "meager" collection I actually felt sorry for some of the people in the store looking over the picked over remnants of the inventory-I wonder who is going to pay $6,500 for that nice Cooper Arms in .340 Weatherby or the few $1200 dollar super revolvers they have left, or have to make that decision whether to go Rossi or Charter Arms for that last .38???