View Single Post

Old 01-17-2013, 09:12 PM

Liked 441 Times in 131 Posts

Thank you...... Guns are like tools in the toolbox for me. I was skeptical of the shotpistol when it first came out but it looked cool and wasn't expensive so I bought a Judge Public Defender and use it in the woods and around the farm and i was blow away by the versatility. The concept was great but the pistol lacked the quality and fit and finish i come to expect. These are very popular in my rural part of the country so when the Gov came out, it took a long time for me to even handle one, as soon as i did, the Taurus felt like a second class handgun in comparison. As soon as my dealer got a few Governors, i had to trade up. Much to my surprise, the Gov, exceeded the capabilities of the the shot pistol i was accustom with for he last few years. Accuracy when from good enough, to sharp shooting status. Smith and Wesson has never let me down. I try to be open minded and try other brands if they have a different take on a particular caliber but they still never get everything right like S&W does. If S&W makes it, then it is a important caliber and gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308 View Post
The Mystro, Great Review

This is not a firearm that I personally am interested in but to each his own.
You done a first class review of something that you use and works for you! I wish all reviews were done from this viewpoint. Thanks for including your actual experiences with the Governor.
I too share your impressions of Smith vs Taurus, I ain't knocking a taurus but in my opinion everything smith does that taurus does there is no comparison to the QUALITY feel, fit , looks, function, etc. of the Smith's
Good Luck with getting your whitetail with your Governor, there is no reason you cant do it. Please be sure and report to us here when you do.
Once again, thanks for a good read with good pics! Joey S aka 308

Last edited by TheMystro; 01-17-2013 at 09:22 PM.