View Single Post

Old 01-19-2013, 02:59 AM

Liked 159 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshwheeling View Post
As am I. A lot of my friends are liberals and gun owners.
I suppose pigeonholed, I am as well. I identify with almost every traditionally thought of as liberal viewpoints but make up my mind on every issue rather than having a set ideology define my beliefs.

I believe in the Second Amendment to the US Constitution and believe in and have sworn to protect and defend the entire thing. I don't confuse the framers' delineated rights with what I believe are basic human rights though I strongly beliee that the the evolution of the constitution has gne a very long way toward mirroring what i consider basic human rights.

Pardon my lack of badges but I also am fiercely private both because of what I do for a living and because of who I am.

I work really hard every day to stop weapons far more devastating than any gun from being developed or manufactured (likely with the intent of using them against the US) by both state and non-state actors. I've been in danger more often than I'd like to admit to my family and consider myself patriotic and prudent.

It kills me that we brand people as part of a two-sided spectrum and devastates me when I see that branding employed and vilified here where I feel like I have found an Internet home.

I respect all that post here; we're united by a common interest and passion. I'm propelled by my own moral compass and a proud of who I am, what I believe in, and my actions in support of both.

Blessings on you all; this community makes my life richer and I hope that there is mutual respect with the common denominators being our humanity; our love for country; and passion for learning about, debating, and discussing how to best responsibly protect our right to own firearms.

Edited: sorry, a few typos... Doing this on a mobile device is tough!!

Last edited by mrbort; 01-19-2013 at 03:04 AM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: