View Single Post

Old 01-19-2013, 03:29 PM

Liked 441 Times in 131 Posts

O.K Back to the Awesome Smith and Wesson Governor.
Here are some carry options I am using. DeSantis is the leader in leather holsters for the Governor and makes the S&W brand holsters you buy on the S&W site. I love a good leather shoulder holster and DeSantis makes a good one. It is called the NY Undercover specifically for the S&W Gov.

High quality leather and superb fit and finish. The Governor is not a heavy gun but I carried it for 8 hours in the woods and never felt the gun.

I was on my ATV today and totally forgot I was wearing my Gov. It has a ammo holding system that will hold 6 rounds either 45lc/45acp or shot shells or a mix of the two. I can easily conceal the Gov under a light sweat jacket without any printing.

Next is the DeSantis Scabbard hip holster.
This is a neat design because it is molded around the entire gun protecting it in the brush. It retains the gun very well without any straps in a fishmouth opening. It carries high enough for concealed carry and is molded to every curve of the gun.

There are some nylon options but they are more designed for a medium size revolver. I had a few that worked but nothing beats a specifically designed high quality leather rig.

Last edited by TheMystro; 01-19-2013 at 03:34 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: