View Single Post

Old 01-19-2013, 07:36 PM

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

My sincerest apologies for using my first post to Necro this 14 month old thread, but I need help identifying my particular M&P.

I don't have access to it for pictures at the moment (it's located at my family's cabin in Northern California), but I have an M&P 2" inherited from a friend of my father's who passed away 7 years ago.

It looks almost the same as the ones that have been pictured so far EXCEPT:

1. I was told it originally had a nickel finish (blued now). Were there any made in Nickel to validate this claim?

2. It does NOT have a supported guide rod (similar to the Colt revolvers made at the time).

I know it's a S&W because of the cylinder release and the markings on it. I don't remember the SN off the top of my head, but it's original owner served in the War and passed away at the age of 88 in 2007 if that helps at all. It also has the round front sights and originally came with black plastic grips.

All the M&Ps I've seen in this thread so far all have supported guide rods (the small piece of metal in front of the guide rod, parallel to the barrel). Is mine a rare variant or was it never made that way in the factory (modified by owner)?