View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 01:23 AM

Liked 44 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crofoot629 View Post
Why?
Will you be shooting and driving?
If you get in a wreck because you are busy driving to escape a threat I'd rather have my pistol in it's same old reliable strong side verticle scabbard.

Have fun with that mount on routine traffic stops. I'm to old to get on my knees and be handcuffed "for my own safety" while the Officer decides what to do with me.

I don't get it?

Emory
Due to the location of my firearm when carrying concealed, it is nearly impossible for me to access it while sitting in my seat. Sure, after some moving around and precious seconds wasted, it'll be out.

I highly doubt I will ever have to use my defensive firearm in any situation, let alone driving. But random violence is, well, random. You cannot predict it. Hence why I'd like to have all my bases covered. It's the same reason I carry pepper spray and have training in empty hand techniques; for those instances when deadly force is not needed.

Regarding your comment about traffic stops, the officer is going to act the same way regardless if he sees it or not. Although not required by law in my state, I still plan to inform the officer as soon as contact is made so that there are no surprises.

I have given this considerable thought, and am looking for options. I am not too partial to the under the steering wheel mount, more so towards the style between the seat and the center console.