View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 11:40 AM

Liked 1,949 Times in 725 Posts

[QUOTE=papajohn428;136949491]I fail to understand how you can be a Liberal, vote for Liberal candidates, and not see how they are doing their very best to destroy/circumvent the Constitution this country was founded on. We are not a democracy, we are a Constitutional Republic. Period.

1) Did you see the competition the last few elections? They also had their own issues and way of living that they appeared more than willing to share with an unwilling public, in this case, the majority side.

2) There is usually more than 1 issue involved in an election. The fiscal well being of the country would seem to be more important, as it effects everything else. The conservative agenda of cutting all services to the lower income sector ignores the fact that employment is demand driven and without services, lower income people have less cash to spend. The same as raising taxes on the lower incomes. This leads to reducing demand for more workers.

Lowering the tax rate on the rich reduces their need to invest as their take home cash increases and they have a lessened need to invest, create jobs, and make more money, leading to job creator failure.

3) Do you believe a conservative would act differently after 3 days of CNN covering a story involving the bodies of 20 school kids and a high capacity magazine fed assault rifle? He would hold firm, possibly until the funerals were being covered and the photos of dead kids hit the streets.

4) The country was not founded to promote the welfare of the few or the gathering of power by corporations. But it seems both parties are pushing for this.

5) That being said, I don't vote for the party when voting for the president. I vote for the person who is most competent, consider the V.P. as important, and have voted conservative occasionally and liberal occasionally, and Independent once. On several occasions, I have changed my mind when the elected official came up for reelection.

Contrary to popular opinion, Liberals are U.S. citizens and tax payers. They serve in the military. They are police officers, firemen, highway workers, and farmers. Many own guns, for hunting and self protection. Their priorities differ with conservative priorities, as is their right under our laws. As we are becoming a more urban nation, we will probably see an upswing in the number of liberals. As we see an increase in urban populations, we will probably see an upswing in gun control movements, as violent crime rates tend to be highest in areas of high population density and all politicians eventually want to micromanage their constituency. We elect representatives, who then redefine themselves as leaders. We will definitely see an upswing in mayors against guns.

I of course have no answers. How do you argue against photos of dead kids. Facts may support you, but who cares. Dead kids
trump facts any day.