View Single Post

Old 01-23-2013, 01:25 PM

Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default My new AR15 (pics)

This is my third AR. I started off (in the AR world) with a S&W m&p 15-22 which I later sold to a good friend. I then bought a Stag Arms 5.56 but had to sell back in Sept to help buy a new motorcycle after Bambi destroyed my last one. After the shootings and threats of new gun laws I began to regret this idea and started looking for another AR. And that was almost futile. None of the local shops had any and they literally laughed when I called and asked if the had any in stock.

So a few weeks ago I just happened to stop in to the shop where I buy most of my stuff and lo & behold there were three AR's there! I knew they wouldn't even last a day or two so I slapped down $200 to hold the S&W M&P 15 Tactical until my next paycheck arrived. Usually this isn't an option, but the dealer recognized me as a repeat customer and hooked me up.

So I got paid on the 16th, coincidentally the same day King Obama proposed his 23 executive actions. I rode my Buell through the freezing rain & sleet to pick up my new rifle as a big middle finger to the administrations proposals and mother nature.

While at the shop, a kid came in looking for an AR and was visibly disappointed when he saw the empty shelves and high prices. He began looking at .22 lever action rifles. I told him about the .22 I sold my friend and that it was now for sale. His eyes lit up. My buddy wanted $500 for it (3 mags & bushnell scope included). Long story short, I sold it to the kid (21 yr old) for $650, got $150 for myself, $500 for my buddy and a nice starter AR for the kid who was so disappointed just an hr earlier. Everyone was happy.

Last weekend we had a gun show in my area and I picked up some 5.56 ammo, a few pmags and a 4x scope with green/red ranging reticle. The grip-pod was leftover from my .22. The gun show was PACKED. I go to this show every year and have never seen it like this.

The shop owner where I bought this is a stand up guy. He didn't raise his prices to atmospheric levels and sold me this AR for $1149. $10 under suggested retail. I know I could've found it cheaper a few months ago, but considering I was offered $2100 cash at the gun show tells me I got a decent deal. This one isn't going anywhere; I learned my lesson...

The Following 2 Users Like Post: