View Single Post

Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM

Liked 2,270 Times in 1,273 Posts
Angry Otis Cleaning Kits

Bharada and I were talking about Otis Cleaning Kits. I have one that I have had for almost a year and have yet to use. I take it with me but because I cleaned at home and have years of cleaning kits an pieces I have just never used it.
My particular kit is the Marine Corps M4 5.56x45 cleaning kit with he NSN on it. The pieces are blued steel and it is a fine kit. It also comes with optics cleaning items. Here is a link to the particular kit:
Otis Technology
We noticed (actually he noticed) that the price is over $100 dollars. I looked at a couple of other sights and the prices went as high as $118. I didnt pay near this much, I went to one of the popular online auction/buy now sites. I went to the same dealer I purchased mine from. They are still selling them for $29 free shipping. It is an excellent kit for the maintenance of your Sporting Rifle, and if it is good enough for the boys in the sandbox it is good enough for me. I understand that some shops have overhead and such to deal with but I really thought that this is another case of serious price gouging. I just thought I would post this.

Last edited by oneyeopn; 01-23-2013 at 02:20 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: