View Single Post

Old 01-23-2013, 03:59 PM
US Veteran

Liked 428 Times in 176 Posts
Default God bless Pa and keep it free

After trying to live in Md for a few months, I felt like I was in a prison. When I inquired about purchasing a handgun at a LGS I was told about a waiting period, I think it was 7 days. In Pa the wait is about 2 minutes. I bought some 22 ammo at a Walmart and the clerk asked me if it is to used in a rifle or handgun!!!!!!!! I purchased some mags from 44 Mag.com and since Md limits mags to 10 rounds they had to send the mag "repair" kit. I started to understand what a Granny State means. At the county public gun range, there is a 5 second pause between shots??? And there were range officers looking over my shoulder. I found myself driving back to my range in Pa just to shoot. The other thing that drove me nuts is that all the local cops and deputies had radar and even though I don't speed much, its just less freedom in my book. Penna doesn't allow any radar, laser etc to be used by any officers except the State Police. Every year the state Chief of Police Assoc., tries to get that changed and I hope they never succeed. I'm not saying I am for speeding, just that it goes along with my notion of more freedom. Same thing for seat belts, you can't be pulled over just for no seat belts. Helmet laws only for juveniles. I love my FREEDOM. Open carry anywhere except in Phila. I don't really think open carry is sensible anyway, but, some do and they have that freedom if they want to. Anyway, I moved back to the state of Independence and it may not be perfect, but its better that Maryland, or New York.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: