Thread: Ammo
View Single Post

Old 01-26-2013, 02:46 AM

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

So went to the range today to break in another new pistol. Well i got there and shot little over 100 rounds and was told i could not buy anymore ammo there because there was a limit of 1 box per customer and you had to shoot it there. So i sat there thinking about it for a minute and i was like okay i pay a membership to shoot here and now you are going to tell me how much ammo i can buy to shoot with. This ammo **** is really getting old. I mean it is bad enough you cant find it half the **** time but now it is hurting ammo range centers and long time customers who have paid memberships that shoot all the time. So instead of breaking a gun in with 200 rounds have had to resort to 100 rounds per new pistol. Just sharing some information.

People don't misunderstand what i am saying. The ammo crisis is hurting everyone not just customers it is affecting businesses nationwide also people will not spend money to go to a range if they cant find ammo. People will not buy new guns if they cant find ammo to break them in or even shoot with for that matter. People will not buy or pay for a membership at a gun center with all the ammo stuff going on. just sharing some information.

My point broke down:

Range per visit non members $19.95
1 box of ammo average what $14.99 or $18.00 a box and higher

And if a person is limit to 1 box of ammo to me it just doesn't add up. To me it is almost not worth it. How will a business stay a float like this. How will they survive and sale guns also if they have no ammo for the guns they are selling. I feel very sorry for the mom and pop places they will not survive this ordeal. Just sharing some information.

My point broke down:

Some permit safety classes where i live range from $60.00 to $90.00 and even higher

People will not get there carry permits if they have no ammo to put in a gun to take the course with. Therefore proper training will not be completed
I think everyone sees my point. Just sharing some information.

This is hurting current gun owners. Businesses. New gun owners. People seeking safety classes to educate or to obtain legal permits to carry. If no ammo to put in guns then there will be no need for accessories for our guns either. Just sharing some information.

Last edited by ITCH; 01-26-2013 at 02:51 AM.