Thread: Shield Price
View Single Post

Old 01-27-2013, 09:31 PM
US Veteran

Liked 14,217 Times in 4,509 Posts

Makes me wonder if S&W will increase the MSRP from $449, perhaps at the anniversary of its introduction, in April 2013 due to the huge success of the pistol. I can see plus and minus reasons to do so. The company would risk being perceived as being opportunistic and price-gouging in the current climate, but on the other hand, demand wouldn't likely drop enough to make any immediate difference, and S&W is in business to make money.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see a $499 MSRP, making this still an excellent value in a CC platform. Where else are you going to buy a reliable, ultra-concealable, large caliber self defense pistol for that kind of money? If the MSRP does go up, then the $550 LGS price you're seeing now wouldn't be unreasonable.

All I can say is, if you can get one for less, go for it. But prices aren't likely to drop on this pistol; if anything, they will go up. People keep talking about "when the demand levels off," and I just don't see that happening -- at least in such a way that the current MSRP will stay in place. Just my humble opinion; YMMV.