View Single Post

Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 AM

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts

My wife purchased an M&P9 last year. It is her 5th handgun, previously two revolvers and two semi-auto's.
As I do with all pistols, I did NOT clean it before hand but merely wiped it down.
Function with 124 gr Speer Lawman and 124 gr Speer Gold Dot was perfect and has continued that way. I do clean with a power spray and lube/protect with 'Barricade' after every 2-3 range sessions.
But what i learned from her purchase of a Glock G19 G4 last year was that the Glock with Winchester 115 gr White Box would have failures to feed for her but not for me. A simple switch to 124 gr Winchester NATO ammunition cured the problem which of course for her would be called 'limp wristing'.
Be aware that this is not a fault that can be cured by simple technique for everyone. If the shooter does NOT have the wrist strength to hold the frame in position for the slide to properly eject and feed another round, the only thing one can do is shoot a load with more momentum, hence the 124gr ammunition.
The problems as reported would appear to me to be a combination of 'limp wristing', ammuntion brand and probably bullet weight.
I would find some reliable 124 gr ammunition for any person who experiences this sort of problem after/before trying to correct for limp wristing.-Dick