View Single Post

Old 01-29-2013, 11:44 AM

Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Default Shield Trigger Question

I was recently lucky enough to happen upon a .40 Shield at my LGS. Needless to say, I now own the gun and feel very lucky to have it. I've already posted a range report from my first trip, but the quick version is that I love it, and feel very confident using it as my new CC gun. I know others have been having assorted issues with this weapon but fortunately it seems that I got a good one...knock on wood.

So my question, while the gun shoots great, I've noticed a slight "drag" or "grind" in the trigger. It only seems to happen when I'm taking the slack out of the trigger. Once the striker starts to move and drop safety is being engaged it's smooth, but before that point there is a slight dragging feel. It doesn't affect my shooting, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this same thing and if anyone has found a way to mitigate it. I'm thinking it's just a matter of breaking in the gun (I've only put 150 rounds through it so far), or possibly some gun lube in the right place to get it to stop. As anyone else noticed this in your Shield? Thoughts on getting it to stop? It probably wouldn't even bother a normal person, but I'm beyond perfectionist when it comes to my guns.

Thanks guys! Happy shooting!