View Single Post

Old 01-29-2013, 05:55 PM

Liked 1,371 Times in 699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMystro View Post
Years back I purchased #9 shot for snakes. It would work but there is no reason not to just buy #4 shot and use it for small game and snakes. #4 shot will turn snakes into a mist. It would also jack up a charging dog. Federal 000buck designed for the shot pistol will impress you how tight and accurate all 4 rounds hit at 10 yards. It would also make a good hunting round for mid size game in a survival situation.
I wasn't going to get involved in this thread, but having experience with both,
The Judge & The Governor, I feel that I should say something because
my experience is vastly different than the above quote.

I've shared it (experience) more than a few times before, so, instead of repeating it,
here's one of the previous threads. Since those posts I have used The Governor,
with 000 Buck, and came to the conclusion that the .410 rounds are not for me.

LINK >> The Governor with 410 loads

One other thing I should mention. This past Christmas, my son-in-law & I were talking and
it came up that he also had a Judge he had purchased specifically for small game hunting.
When I asked how the .410's had performed for him, he said, "I didn't get that far."

He explained that while trying out the gun that he was lucky to get one, maybe two,
pellets in a pop can at 30 feet with #4's. He sold it after that first range session.

Currently, when I do rely on The Governor for critter duty, I rely on MagSafe rounds in either
.45 acp or .45 Colt. I'm finding the MagSafe extremely effective in .32 H&R Magnum so
am sure that the bigger .45's should be at least equally effective, if not more so.
When I say effective, I mean on real critters, not paper.