View Single Post

Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM

Liked 10,866 Times in 3,653 Posts
Default Not meant to ware an ankle holster

Since emperor Cuomo slammed through his gun hater law I have been trying to rethink my carry options. I decided to give a "bug" a try. A back up weapon would allow me the round count I feel comfortable with and still comply with the tyranny of the new law.

I bought a Remora ankle holster for my 9mm Shield. I have 8 other of Alan's holsters and find them very comfortable, safe and a screaming value. Also, worse case, it can be easily converted into a tuck holster.

Today was my first day with my Shield in an ankle rig. I was warned that ankle carry isn't for everyone. I found it cumbersome, awkward and at sometimes painful. I tried to pull the gun from the rig several times throughout the day at my desk. That to will take some getting used to. (I had boot cut jeans on).

Maybe it's my bird legs (skinny but, sexy as hell) or the size of the Shield I don't know but this experiment was a big FAIL on most every level. I will try again and then see if maybe my J frame will fit better before I throw in the towel but I don't hold out much hope.

I don't believe a different holster would make a huge difference but a smaller gun could certainly help. Any other suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.