View Single Post

Old 01-30-2013, 03:00 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joewisc View Post
There are widely circulated reports that the Dept. of Homeland Security and other government agencies have been quietly buying up massive quantities of ammo in recent months without explanation. Some think it's to quell civil unrest amid all the talk of insurrections down the road.

One report put the amount at 1.6 billion rounds in the past six months. I'd post a link but it's copyrighted. This is in addition to ammunition and ordnance purchased for military use in overseas wars.

While I understand gun owners are snapping up every bullet they can, I wonder whether the ammo makers gave precedence to the government in taking and filling orders. Could be the MAIN reason why there's little or no ammo out there.
I called my local sporting goods shop who has been out of .22 ammo for almost a month to ask if it was now available. He told me that he called CCI last week, and that they told him that they were filling GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS, and that until they were filled that they would not be filling public orders. Said it would be a month before he would get any...I guess the gov't does go to the front of the line. Why is the government buying .22 ammo??

Last edited by shootrmom; 01-30-2013 at 04:07 PM.