View Single Post

Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,116 Times in 409 Posts

riderrick65,

It is my impression this was an "attempt" to "gather more information" about the issues. However I am skeptical because these types of "hearings" have been held thousands of times in my lifetime and the ultimate decisions that are finally made sometimes, or often-times, do not resemble the original "hearings".

But this one I found interesting. I did not find David Kopel as knowledgable as I thought he should be. I found Wayne LaPierre to be the worst public speaker of them all, and sometimes too evasive. I did not agree with the Police Chief Johnson?Johnston? on most of his points but he was effective in getting his points across. I found the lady lawyer to be very good in all of her assesments. And I found Captain Mark Kelly to be quite intellectual and concise in his comments.

However, the hearing was not intended to evoke "action" or "decisions made" although it was obvious that some of the Senators already have decided their viewpoints and this hearing changed none of them for those select ones.