View Single Post

Old 01-31-2013, 11:00 PM

Liked 395 Times in 207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain View Post
I had a P290 once.....My experience with it wasn't so good. First was the feel. For a dimensionally small gun it felt very heavy and fat, which wasn't helped by its super stubby 1 1/2 finger(in my hand) grip. The trigger has an odd feel to it also. The worst part was the trigger broke(failed to reset) in the first 100 rounds. It was sent back to Sig and when returned from the repair the pistol had a 50% light strike rate At this point the dealer took it back and that was the end of that.
Honestly, hang in there for a Shield..
The Shield is best sub-compact carry pistol available, believe me I have tried them all
No other subbie offers the total package of reliability, proper dimensions, weight, capacity, trigger feel and value that the Shield does.
Pain

I agree. I have owned a Kahr CM9 and Beretta Nano and shot every major brand sub compact in 9 mm and S&W got it right with the Shield 9mm.

Shoots straight, feels good in the hand, reliable, excellent trigger, sturdy build, durable finish and backed with a lifetime warranty. What else can you ask for in a weapon?

Russ