Thread: S&W Model 659
View Single Post

Old 02-01-2013, 05:56 PM

Liked 3,780 Times in 1,388 Posts

Hello and welcome to the forum from frozen Canada. I agree with flyguy that $600 is at the top end of the price range, but having said that, if you are happy with the price thats all that matters. Getting 2 magazines is a bonus as you will definitely want at least 2. You won't be disappointed with the 659, they are built like a tank. I have several thousand rounds through mine, it's still going strong, no issues at all. There was a service bulletin/recall out on this pistol (and others) and you can read this here:
Firearm Recalls and Safety Warnings- FirearmsID.com
If you get the pistol and don't really understand what the potential problem that caused the bulletin/recall is, PM me and i'll walk you through it. Does this one have fixed or adjustable sights? If you post the serial#, or 3 letter prefix and the first number followed by X's for the remaining numbers, I can tell you when it was produced. This pistol was extremely popular with Police agencies in the 80's when they transitioned from revolvers. Here's a pic of mine, it has adjustable sights and the rounded trigger guard. It's wearing Hogue checkered stocks. The grip frame is very wide (high capacity magazines) and I found rubber stocks were just too big for my hand. The wood stocks feel nice and I find them better than the plastic stocks the pistol came with. Good luck and when you get it, post some pic's. We like pic's....

Last edited by 824tsv; 02-01-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Further info
The Following 5 Users Like Post: