View Single Post

Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I was just about to log on and ask advice on the same issue. I purchased my SD40VE 2 weeks ago. My brother and I shot about 200 rounds of winchester 185 gr through it with no problems. The next week (4 days ago) I took it to the range and purchased the range ammo (PMC 180 gr) and after about 50 rounds I started to have the mis feed issue. I figured I didn't clean it properly the week before and took it home to clean again. 2 days later (yesterday) I took my CPL class and they sold me another box of PMC ammo but it was 165 gr. During our range time I was having the same issue. I would fire a round and the slide would not fully load the next round in. The instructor said it was my grip. Changed grip and happened again. He fired it and it happened. Second instructor fired it and it happened. We let the gun cool down and we took it apart and looked at it. Nothing appeared out of place. I call S&W and they said they have never heard of this issue before. They asked about the ammo I was using and informed me PMC is made in Korea and might be the issue. Today I took it to the range and fired 50 rounds of winchester and had no issues. I then fired 46 rounds of the PMC I had left over and had several mis feeds. I then shot another 50 rounds of winchester and had no issues. I thought it was this PMC ammo but I see you are having the same issue. Do you know what ammo you were using? I see everyone else shooting with the PMC and not having a single issue. I hope I didn't make a mistake by not buying the Glock for $200 more.