View Single Post

Old 02-02-2013, 11:58 AM

Liked 4,430 Times in 1,025 Posts

I'm not against capitalism and understand dealers and gun show exhibitors have expenses and need to make a profit.

But as you noted, I've never had one say, "Well, the Blue book, which is just a 'general reference', says it's worth so & so, and most of the time you see them sell for so& so these days; I have cover expenses and make a profit so all I can offer you is X amount since I have to turn around and sell it." Most of the time it's more the attitude I described above . . .

A reasonable person has to agree with that. If someone thinks they should get full boat price from a dealer or even a fair selling price they're only fooling themselves and they are the ones being unreasonable.

But I have a problem with gun show types making their profit twice off a mark in the same deal - lowballing them to get their gun and charging top dollar plus for their goods.

But it's just common sense - if you want maximum return on your goods - sell them yourself to someone who wants what you have, not a dealer. He didn't take you to raise or to correct your buying mistakes.

Last edited by NFrameFred; 02-02-2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: spellink