View Single Post

Old 02-07-2013, 10:12 AM

Liked 517 Times in 297 Posts

ChrisL reply

All modern guns have built in safeties of some type. The M&P's have a trigger safety that does not allow the trigger to move unless there is pressure on the lower part of the trigger. To me this is the most useless safety around. If the top of the trigger is pulled, or gets snagged, the trigger won't move. What are the chances of that happening? The trigger is going to get caught from the middle to bottom, and the trigger will move.

Most all handguns, including the M&P's, have a firing pin/striker safety block. These prevent the guns from firing unless the trigger is pulled back to near the break point, then the safety releases and the gun will fire. This safety prevents the gun from firing even if the gun is dropped.

I think you will find the stock trigger pull is fine and safe with practice. Depending on your use, if you going to carry it, you will need a holster. As long as the holster covers the trigger, the gun would be as safe as if it had a manual safety. I have a model 60 revolver, and it starts pulling at near 12 pounds and reduces to 8 pounds at the break. I don't feel it is any safer, but it is much harder to shoot good and accurately with such a strong trigger pull. It is not comfortable for any long shooting sessions. I would never think of using it for carry, now that I have my Shield 40.

Bob

Last edited by robkarrob; 02-07-2013 at 11:06 AM.