View Single Post

Old 02-07-2013, 10:32 AM

Liked 5,210 Times in 2,174 Posts

Quote:
I'm concerned with there being no thumb safety, so I'd want the trigger pull to be around 9 or 10 lbs.
Chris, I'm an old revolver shooter and pistol instructor, and I shoot both revolver and M&P 9mm in competition regularly.

The M&P as it comes is just right for us revolver shooters, and the 6.5# trigger will take very little getting used to for you. The problem I have is with 1911 shooters switching to the M&P who demand that it be like a 4# single action trigger, which requires much work and makes the gun questionable for daily carry.

No offense, but you need to learn to shoot the pistol and learn its manual of arms ( a good instructor helps) before you start trying to redesign the trigger. As to safety, the stock M&P has 3 internal safeties, and will not fire unless the trigger is pulled. You need a good holster that does not have a strap to catch in the trigger guard (I recommend the Safariland ALS, Brownells $47.50) and you need to keep your finger out of the trigger guard until the pistol is pointed at your intended target.

Good shooting!

P.S. My competition revolvers have a 7# trigger pull, and they are as safe as stock, just are picky about what primers they will reliably fire.

Last edited by OKFC05; 02-07-2013 at 10:38 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: