View Single Post

Old 02-07-2013, 09:49 PM

Liked 36 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKFC05 View Post
Chris, I'm an old revolver shooter and pistol instructor, and I shoot both revolver and M&P 9mm in competition regularly.

The M&P as it comes is just right for us revolver shooters, and the 6.5# trigger will take very little getting used to for you. The problem I have is with 1911 shooters switching to the M&P who demand that it be like a 4# single action trigger, which requires much work and makes the gun questionable for daily carry.

As to safety, the stock M&P has 3 internal safeties, and will not fire unless the trigger is pulled. You need a good holster that does not have a strap to catch in the trigger guard (I recommend the Safariland ALS, Brownells $47.50) and you need to keep your finger out of the trigger guard until the pistol is pointed at your intended target.

Good shooting!

P.S. My competition revolvers have a 7# trigger pull, and they are as safe as stock, just are picky about what primers they will reliably fire.
Thanks for the info! I'm looking at a full size M&P .40 so I don't plan on carrying it concealed. It will be a house defense or an "all hell breaks loose" sidearm. However, I'm looking into a M&P Shield 9mm as another possible carry option as well.

Quote:
No offense, but you need to learn to shoot the pistol and learn its manual of arms ( a good instructor helps) before you start trying to redesign the trigger.
I have no intention of redesigning the trigger, just wanted to know if it had a built in adjustment. Another poster here implied that it did, and it sounds like he was wrong.